Waconda Lake, Kansas - laser cut wood map
Select the style and size from the dropdown list below.
This is a beautiful, detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
- Built: November 1964
- First Flooded: January 1969
- Surface Area: 12,602 Acres
- Max Depth: 55 Feet
- Water Volume: Full: 219,420 Acre Ft
- Shore Length: 100 Miles
- Waconda Great Spirit Spring
- Many moons ago, so runs an Indian legend, Waconda, a beautiful princess, fell in love with a brave of another tribe. Prevented from marriage by a blood feud, this warrior embroiled the tribes in battle. During the fight an arrow struck him as he stood on the brink of a spring and he fell mortally wounded into the waters. Waconda, grief stricken, plunged after him. Believing her soul still lived in the depths, the tribes for countless ages carried their sick to drink the healing waters. Here they celebrated their victories and mourned their losses, never neglecting to throw into the spring some token for the Great Spirit. Waconda Spring, is a natural flowing artesian well about fifty feet in diameter, set in a curious limestone basin. Covered over when the reservoir was constructed.