This is a beautiful, detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
- The name Daufuskie, comes from the Muscogee language, meaning “Sharp Feather”. The Yemassee Indians arrived on Daufuskie Island in 1664, replacing the Cusabo Indians.
- Bloody Point got its name as a result of English settlers ambushing the Yemassee Indians in 1715 on the beach.
- The Melrose Mansion was completed on the Stoddard-Mongin plantation in 1848.
- The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade brought many enslaved Africans to Daufuskie Island to produce “Sea Island Cotton” during the 18th century. The Gullah/Geechee culture was prevalent on the island well after the civil war and into the 1980’s.
- The Gullah’s speak a distinct language properly referred to as “Sea Island Creole”.