Lake Lure, NC - Laser Cut Wood Map
This is a beautiful, detail, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
The snazzy map is a one dimensional laser engraved map, birch ply painted white, then engraved and lightly stained.
The contemporary map has finished edges with gently rounded corners. It casts a small shadow when mounted on the wall. It is also suitable for display on an easel.
The classic framed style features a handmade frame in your choice of 4 stain colors: ebony, natural, driftwood and, our most popular, English Chestnut.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
- Created by building dam on the Rocky Broad River
- Completed in 1927
- Named Lake Lure by Elizabeth Parkenson, wife of Dr. Lucius B. Morse
- Surface Area: 720 Acres
- Elevation: 990 feet above sea level
- Lake Lure and surrounding areas are popular filming locations and have been used in movies such as: Thunder Road (1968), A Breed Apart (1984), Firestarter (1984), Dirty Dancing (1987), The Last of the Mohicans (1992) and My Fellow Americans (1996).