This is a beautiful, detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
- Located in Monroe County
- Land mass is 5.9 sq. miles
- Southernmost city in the continental United States
- Key West is 129 miles SW of Miami, FL
- And 106 miles N/NE of Havana, Cuba
- Motto: One Human Family!
- Cayo Hueso
- Is the original Spanish name for the island, It literally means “Bone Key”. It is said that the island was littered with bones of native inhabitants, who used the isle as a communal graveyard.
- March 25, 1822 Lt. Commander Matthew C. Perry claimed the keys as United States propert.
- The island is considered the “Gibraltar of the West” because of its strategic location on the 90 mile wide deep shipping lane The Straits of Florida between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Black Lake, is of Glacial Origin
- Formed approx. 12,000 years ago
- Length: 21 miles long
- Width: 4 miles at its widest point
- Acres: 11,000 +
- Average Depth: 10 feet