Fourche La Fave River, Arkansas - Laser Cut Wood Map
This is our beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map of Fourche La Fave River, Arkansas with the following information carved into it:
- Approximately 151 Miles Long
The origin of the river’s name is open to debate; “fourche” is French for “fork,” and “La Fave” may be in reference either to a family that once lived along the river or to early settler Peter La Fave.
Early transportation along the river was conducted by keelboat, but even this was challenging, given the numerous shoals along the course of the waterway. On March 3, 1879, Congress passed an act to improve the river. This included dynamiting some of the rocky shoals to create a deeper channel for transportation.
Included with all maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue self-adhesive Swarovski Crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
- Finest woods with special attention to detail
- Each map is hand sanded multiple times, assembled and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine