Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and Virginia - laser cut wood map
This is a beautiful, detail, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
The snazzy map is a one dimensional laser engraved map, birch ply painted white, then engraved and lightly stained.
The contemporary map has finished edges with gently rounded corners. It casts a small shadow when mounted on the wall. It is also suitable for display on an easel.
The classic framed style features a handmade frame in your choice of 4 stain colors: ebony, natural, driftwood and, our most popular, English Chestnut.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
- The Chesapeake Bay is an estuary lying inland from the Atlantic Ocean surrounded by the states of Maryland and Virginia, the largest body of water in the US. More than 150 rivers and streams flow into the bay’s 64,299 sq. miles drainage basin, which covers parts of six states (New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia) and the District of Columbia.
- 200 miles long
- Max. depth: 208 feet
- Avg. depth: 46 feet
- 2.8 to 30 miles wide
- 11.684 miles of shoreline
- Surface area 4,479 sq. miles