Charleston, South Carolina - Coastal Map - laser cut wood map
Select the style and size from the dropdown list below.
This is a beautiful, detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
It looks like you are searching for a laser engraved wood map of Charleston, South Carolina. You want a detailed, carefully crafted work of art from an established wood shop in the good ol’ USA. You, my friend, have found what you are looking for!
Crafted in a small wood shop in the sleepy town of Troutman, North Carolina, a small, close-knit group of artists work together to create the perfect map just for you! We use beautiful Birch wood for the map face. We hand sand each map and clear coat it to give it that lustrous wood shine! Our frames are handmade from solid Maple. We offer 4 stain choices for the frame, allowing you to compliment your décor!
What could make this map even better? 2 things.
• Custom text options
• A way to mark your “spot” on the map.
We’ve got the answer! Let us know what text you’d like to add to make your map even more meaningful! We’ll create a proof and send it to you via email for approval before we make your map.
We also include a beautiful self-adhesive blue Swarovski crystal to mark your spot on your map!
We love to share what we've learned about the areas we map. Enjoy the info we discovered when we designed this one!
Charleston celebrated its 350th birthday in 2020! Charleston is the oldest and second-largest city in the State of South Carolina, the county seat of Charleston County, and the principal city in the Charleston–North Charleston–Summerville Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city lies just south of the geographical midpoint of South Carolina's coastline and is located on Charleston Harbor, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean formed by the confluence of the Ashley and Cooper rivers, or, as is locally expressed, "where the Cooper and Ashley Rivers come together to form the Atlantic Ocean".
Founded in 1670 as Charles Towne in honor of King Charles II of England, Charleston adopted its present name in 1783. It moved to its present location on Oyster Point in 1680 from a location on the west bank of the Ashley River known as Albemarle Point. By 1690, Charles Towne was the fifth-largest city in North America, and it remained among the ten largest cities in the United States through the 1840 census. With a 2010 census population of 120,083 (and a 2013 estimate of 127,999), current trends put Charleston as the fastest-growing municipality in South Carolina. The population of the Charleston Metropolitan area, comprising Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties, was counted by the 2013 estimate at 712,220 – the third largest in the state – and the 76th-largest metropolitan statistical area in the United States.
Known for its rich history, well-preserved architecture, distinguished restaurants, and mannerly people, Charleston has received a large number of accolades, including "America's Most Friendly [City]" by Travel + Leisure in 2011 and in 2013 and 2014 by Condé Nast Traveler, and also "the most polite and hospitable city in America" by Southern Living magazine. Charleston came in at number 2 in 2021.
Charleston is also home to a number of "firsts" in America:
1. The first municipal college - The College of Charleston, founded in 1770, chartered in 1785
2. The first golf club - South Carolina Golf Club, founded in 1786
3. The first regularly scheduled rail passenger service in the US - The Best Friend of Charleston made its first trip on Dec. 25, 1830
4. The first historical district - Charleston Historical District - established Oct. 13, 1931
5. The first fireproof building - Fireproof Building (or the Charleston District Record Building, as it was known then) was built in 1827 and survived the Great Fire of 1861. This structure re-opened in 2018 as the South Carolina Historical Society Museum.
6. The first female publisher and franchise holder - Elizabeth Ann Timothy published her first newspaper on Jan. 4, 1739 after taking over her late husband's newspaper company, the South Carolina Gazette.
7. The first opera performed in the colonies - Flora (Or Hob in the Well) was performed at Shepeard's Tavern (located on Broad Street, at the site where the Citizens and Southern Bank Building now stands) in 1735.
Charleston is also known as the Holy City for its tolerance for all religions and its numerous historic churches.
The Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge is a cable-stayed bridge over the Cooper River in South Carolina connecting downtown Charleston to Mount Pleasant. When the bridge opened in 2005, it was the longest cable stayed bridge of its time in North America and the tallest structure in South Carolina.