Lake Abanakee, New York - Laser Cut Wood Map
Select the style and size from the dropdown list below.
This is a beautiful, detailed, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
Included With All Maps:
- Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
- A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
**Please note: Actual layout may vary based on size. If you'd like to see a proof of the layout prior to production, let us know,
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
Surface Elevation: 1,601
Surface Expanse: 1,017 Acres
Average Depth: 12 Feet
Completion year of Dam: 1950’s
Did You Know?
We love to share what we've learned about the lakes we design.
- The Borough of Indian Lake is the keeper of the Lake Abanakee Dam, which was constructed in the mid-1950s, and is the establishment that is creating pulsing releases from that dam to facilitate commercial rafting.
- Water is released by the borough over a period of approximately two hours to sluice the rafts on a wave down the Hudson River and the Indian River to the take-out locality at North River.
- Since 1997, regularly scheduled dam releases have made whitewater rafting on the Indian River feasible - now kayaks and rafts can extend the Hudson River Gorge throughout summertime.