This is a beautiful, detail, laser engraved and precision cut map, including lake information such as surface area, elevation and maximum depth.
The snazzy map is a one dimensional laser engraved map, birch ply painted white, then engraved and lightly stained.
The contemporary map has finished edges with gently rounded corners. It casts a small shadow when mounted on the wall. It is also suitable for display on an easel.
The classic framed style features a handmade frame in your choice of 4 stain colors: ebony, natural, driftwood and, our most popular, English Chestnut.
Included With All Maps:
Points of interest laser engraved into the map face
A blue, self-adhesive Swarovski crystal to mark your preferred location on the map
Our maps are made from beautiful birch plywood. Natural variances in the wood grain ensure a unique work of art. Once the map is cut, it is hand sanded multiple times, mounted on a blue board to highlight the water, and given a clear coat for a lustrous wood shine. Proudly made in the USA by American workers in an American owned business.
Custom Engraving Available
Add up to 2 lines of custom engraving at no additional cost!
The Point Judith Light is located on the west side of the entrance to Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island as well as the north side of the eastern entrance to Block Island Sound. The confluence of two waterways make this area busy with water traffic and the waters around Point Judith are very cold and dangerous. Historically, even with active lighthouses, there have been many shipwrecks off these coasts.
Three light structures have been built on this site. The original 35-foot tower, built in 1810, was destroyed by a hurricane in 1815. It was replaced in 1816, by another 35-foot stone tower with a revolving light and ten lamps. The present octagonal granite tower was built in 1856. The upper half of the tower is painted brown and the lower half white to make the light structure a more effective daymark for maritime traffic. In 1871, ship captains asked that Point Judith's fog signal be changed from a horn to whistle. This change distinguished the Point Judith light from the Beavertail Lighthouse, which used a siren to announce fog. A whistle could also be heard more distinctly over the sounds of the surf in the area. Point Judith Light was automated in 1954.