This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Waconda Lake in Mitchell and Osborne Counties in Kansas with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- Built: November 1964
- First Flooded: January 1969
- Surface Area: 12,602 Acres
- Max Depth: 55 Feet
- Water Volume: Full: 219,420 Acre Ft
- Shore Length: 100 Miles
- Waconda Great Spirit Spring
- Many moons ago, so runs an Indian legend, Waconda, a beautiful princess, fell in love with a brave of another tribe. Prevented from marriage by a blood feud, this warrior embroiled the tribes in battle. During the fight an arrow struck him as he stood on the brink of a spring and he fell mortally wounded into the waters. Waconda, grief stricken, plunged after him. Believing her soul still lived in the depths, the tribes for countless ages carried their sick to drink the healing waters. Here they celebrated their victories and mourned their losses, never neglecting to throw into the spring some token for the Great Spirit. Waconda Spring, is a natural flowing artesian well about fifty feet in diameter, set in a curious limestone basin. Covered over when the reservoir was constructed.
Personalize your own map by choosing 3 options from the links below. Each option you choose will be engraved where the corresponding number is shown on the map in the image. Once you've made your selection, hit the back button and go to the next option. Add names and dates as a message during checkout. We will send a graphic proof for approval prior to production. Please contact us if you have any questions.