This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Fort Gibson Lake in Oklahoma with the following interesting stats carved into it:
The Grand River construction began in 1942.
Delayed due to World War II.
Completed in 1953 and was named Fort Gibson Lake.
19,900 surface acres
225 miles of shoreline
Max depth: 71 feet
Avg. depth: 18 feet
Interesting factoid: The Fort Gibson Dam is a gravity dam on the Grand (Neosho) River in Oklahoma, 5.4 mi north of Fort Gibson. The purpose of the dam is flood control and hydroelectric power production. It was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1941 and construction began the next year.
During World War II construction was suspended and it recommenced in May 1946. In June 1949, the river was closed and the entire project was complete in September 1953 with the operation of the last of the power plant's four generators.
The dam and power rights originally belonged to the Grand River Dam Authority but were seized by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1946. (Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).
You may also like: