This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Dale Hollow Lake in Clay, Pickett and Overton Counties, Tennessee with the following interesting stats carved into it:
- The Obey River was dammed
- Reservoir completed in 1943
- 620 miles of shoreline
- Governor Sevier called the area “The Dale” and it stuck
Interesting factoid: According to the State of Tennessee, the lake takes its name from land owned first by Governor John Sevier, who located two of the first grants in this area of Overton and Clay Counties, a little over 57,000 acres. On this land many members of his family settled. The Governor called this place "The Dale" because of the formation of the land.
After the death of Gov. Sevier, his widow Bonnie Kate, moved to Overton County in 1815 and settled in the Dale community. Dale, or Lily Dale, no longer exists. The community was one of those flooded to create Dale Hollow Lake, yet its name endures in the choice of the lake's name. (Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).
You may also like: