This is a beautifully detailed, laser engraved and precision cut topographical Map of Columbia Lake in Jackson County, Michigan.
Interesting factoid: Lake Columbia is a small man-made lake in Columbia Township in southern Jackson County, Michigan. Originally formed as a mill pond in 1836, it was expanded to 840 acres in 1961. At its greatest extent, the lake is 2 and 1/4 miles long and 1 and 3/4 miles wide. It has approximately 14 miles of shoreline and the water source to the lake is Goose Creek. The lake has an average depth of 18 feet. Lake Columbia is located 2 miles west of Brooklyn, Michigan. In 1835, John H. and Broadhead Du Bois settled along Goose Creek about 2.4 mi west of Brooklyn with the intentions of using the small stream to power a set of mills. By 1836, with the dam completed and the mills in operation, the small village of Jefferson was platted. Soon after, a post office was opened and the name was changed to Columbia, as the name Jefferson had already been taken. The original village was located near the intersection of Jefferson Rd and Hewitt Rd, a portion of which was later rerouted when the lake was expanded.
(Not all of this information made it onto the map, we just love to read up on the lakes we design).
You may also like: